Who is the course for and why did we write it?
This course was written for us as a course to live by. We then realised it has real impact in the Leadership sphere and keeping it to ourselves would have been selfish. In completing this course, you will regain access to the authentic you so that you can lead by inspiring, influencing and impacting your world by being who you were born to be.
It requires a desirable degree of difficulty, much like going to the gym does. This effort will be rewarded by dramatically altering the course of your life, who you are in your own eyes and the eyes of others.
Just remember, you are a work in progress… W.I.P
The Course into 3 parts
Module 1 Your default setting.
Start here unless you have significant upset in your life then start at the Gratitude chapter as a precursor to the course.
The lost art of listening: Learning to listen consciously
- Better communication is what is at stake.
- Listening exercise to sharpen you listening skills
- 7 levels of listening
- Great listening requires effort
- RASA a model for listening at a whole other level
Internal chatter: What really gets in your way and how to move beyond it
- The impact of your internal chatter on you
- The voice of “Not me” and where that comes from
- Strategies to deal with your internal chatter
- Mind the gap
What’s really bugging you: The anatomy of an upset
- How do you define success?
- Frozen needs and what’s really pulling your strings.
- Labels: One of your brains’ short cuts
- The implications of decision making
- Perception and mental models
Fear: Believing your own voodoo
- Another take on fear
- Is it fear you are feeling or is it something else?
- What is a distinction and why are they useful?
- Failure: a common fear – it’s all in the reframe…
- Isolate your fear and take action
Summary of Module 1
Module 2 Create a new you
Speak your truth: Live your truth
- Listen to yourself
- Being heard through the noise
- The importance of being straight and talking straight
- Tell your truth and find your voice.
Purpose: Why it matters
- Let’s talk about values
- Defining your values
- Purpose explored
- Values exercise to find your north star / finding your north star
The power of words: Alter your language and change your life
- Exploring the power of language
- What your language says about you
- YOU are a series of conversations
- The relationship between words and results
- You are who YOU SAY YOU ARE
Responsibility: It’s an inside job
- Drawing the line and living above it
- What story are you telling and does it serve you?
- Blame, Excuses, Denial: What flavour are you?
- Responsibility and willingness
- The power is in the gap
Summary of module 2
Module 3 Conscious action
Be Do Have: How life really works
- Being is all there is
- Free yourself from the tyranny of time
- Mind vs no mind: the concept of flow
- Breakthroughs happen at the level of being
- Leaving the question open
Taking action: Accountability
- Still the mind and move forward with ease
- Putting aside the story
- The law of non-resistance
- Just take action
- Andreia and accountability
Focus: Using your RAS in a way that works for you/getting the results you want
- Living life with a question mark
- Reality is a construct of your brain
- Upward or downward spiral?
- Setting goals that matter to you
- Systems upgrade
Gratitude: The key to it all
- Suspending your judgements
- Choosing what is and dealing powerfully with your circumstance
- Breaking free of attachment
- The link between gratitude and life satisfaction
- Living from what is possible not what’s probable
Completion of Module 3
Bringing it all together. Now begin again and get to a whole new level.